
Evan: When I grow up....(long pause)...I want to be an orthodontist.
Mama: Do you know what an orthodontist does?
Evan: Anna sees an orthodontist (Fran's daughter).
Mama: They make people's smiles pretty.
Evan: I am going to do it.
Other cute ones:
One night after dinner, "Mama I am happy to do the dishes."
While eating a cupcake Dadoo made, "That is a good one in my best world that I have ever eaten."
Mama: Do you want a sister? (Lillie just became a big sister to Susannah Jane this week!)Evan: No, two sisters is enough (referencing Lillie and Susannah, he thinks of the Gwin-Epps as our family. That is so great.)
While mama was sleeping in one morning, Dadoo was doing the dishes and Evan wanted to help. First Dadoo rolled up Evan's sleeves, then took his shirt off as it was getting wet from "helping" with the dishes, then the pants came off as he got on the counter and finally in the sink he went! Evan, I am told, loved it -- but you can decide for yourself from the photo.

On the 4th of July weekend we decided to go for a day hike in Cascades since the mosquitoes are not out yet from the cool, wet spring we have had. We went to a place where it is a very short hike to two lakes. Evan loved seeing the salamanders from the narrow foot bridge. Evan has not spent enough time in the pack so Dadoo tickled him a bit to make it seem more fun. And I learned that Evan is already like his wonderful Dadoo -- he does not need a trail to hike on!
A final cute one from the hike:
Mama: Are you an Incredible? (superhero)
Evan: No, I am just a boy.
Evan says I love you to Mama and Dadoo often and it is so sweet. He also still
gives out hugs.On Evan's health front, we are tapering him off the antacid medicine as we feel the reflux may be gone. Some of you know all about our challenge in getting Evan to eat. We just look forward to sleeping through the night more than once or twice a week and think eating more will help him sleep. Hugs to each of you and please know your love and support are deeply appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment